CompositWood, the next generation of windows, is a revolutionary material blended with timeless design that surpasses the ambitions of even the most well known window manufacturers.
What is CompositWood?
CompositWood is made from a proprietary mix of specialty polymer and acrylic resins, creating an “engineered composite”, super tough, solid core material. A permanent color surface technology called “SuperCap™” is fused to the core materials during the extrusion process.
CompositWood is simply the best window you can buy. It provides the warmth of a finely milled wood window without the problems associated with wood.
Nothing defines a home like the elegance and warmth of wood windows, but the maintenance problems and expenses associated with wood are simply overwhelming.
Metal and vinyl clad wood windows were only partial solutions. In the industry-wide pursuit of window excellence, CompositWood is the answer.
- Classic wood window designed frame and sash for added elegance
- Solid core frame and sash for superior thermal performance and strength
- Draftblocker™ off-set compression sash design for air-tight seal and added security.
- Integral off-set balance pockets and multiple weather-strip paths to reduce air infiltration
- Tripled-secured sash & frame corners: mortise & tenon joined and chemically welded sash, fusion welded frame, stainless-steel screw fastened
- Lift-out sashes for easy cleaning from inside your home
- MAX Glass option provides a larger glass viewing area.
COLOR / FINISHES
Color Choices — Inside and Out:
Inside, select solid SuperCap® white or CompositWood’s real Eastern pine veneer that can be stained or painted to suit your needs. Outside, choose from SuperCap white (white interior); 14 in-stock factory painted colors; over 30 special order colors; and virtually unlimited custom matched colors (15-year paint warranty).
Custom Paint Finishes (14 in Stock Exterior Colors)
Custom Paint Finishes
Unlimited Color Match Exterior Colors. Custom blended colors available to suit your design needs – limited only by your imagination!
Incredible Thermal Values
Dual Energy Saver
- Double Pane with Duralite™ Spacer and Climaguard Low E glass and Argon gas in the chamber
- .25 – Double Hung
- .23 – Casement, Awning
- .21 – Double Hung w/additional Low E on interior surface
- .20 – Double Hung w/additional Low E on interior surface & special certified gas fill* (IS-20 glass)
- .20 – Casement, Awning w/additional Low E on interior surface *
Triple Fuel Saver™
- Triple Pane with Duralite™ Spacer and 1” insulated assembly with 2 panes of Climaguard Low E glass and Argon gas in both chambers
- .19 – Double Hung *
- .16 – Casement, Awning *
Triple Fuel Saver Plus™
- Triple Pane with Duralite™ Spacer and 1” insulated assembly with 2 panes of Climaguard Low E glass, Krypton gas and Argon gas.
- .17 – Double Hung *
- .15 – Casement/Awning *
Triple Fuel Saver Max
- Triple Pane with Duralite™ Spacer and 1” insulated assembly with 2 panes of Climaguard Low E glass and Krypton gas
- .16 – Double Hung *
- .14 – Casement/Awning *
* Products that are recognized as the Most Efficient of ENERGY STAR in 2023 meet rigorous energy efficiency performance levels set by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency. CompositWood has been awarded the ENERGY STAR Most Efficient mark for 2023.
Climaguard™ Low E Glass and Argon Gas Add Comfort and Energy Savings
Low E is a transparent metallic oxide coating applied onto a glass surface. The coating allows short-wave energy to pass through but reflects long-wave infrared energy, which lowers the U-value and that means more energy savings. An odorless, colorless, tasteless, non-toxic gas, argon is six times denser than air. It is used to replace air between the glass panes to reduce thermal energy transfer and heat loss.
ClimaGuard glass has heat reflective coatings – microscopically thin layers of metal and metal oxide that filter energy by keeping warmth inside in winter and outside in summer.
HARDWARE / GRIDS
Built Tough Hardware
All Interstate vinyl windows come standard with the industry’s finest hardware system. The operators, locks, and hinges have all been developed to work together to meet or exceed maximum performance requirements. Interstate provides the strongest, most attractive, easiest operating and highest performing hardware in today’s market.
Slider Cam Locks
Compositwood Grid Options
Grids bring a distinctive look to your home. Four grid styles in a variety of color and style combinations offer many choices when selecting grids for your windows. Grids Between Glass (GBG) afford easy cleaning, Applied Surface Grids (ASGs) are permanently adhered to the panes inside and out and are designed to look like a true multi-paned window.
CompositWood Grid Color Options
- Bronze ext./White int.
- Custom Painted*
- Bronze ext./White int.
SDL (Simulated Divided Lites)
- Custom Painted*
*Only Flat and Applied Surface Grids can be custom painted.